Thursday 8 May 2014

Avocado Basil Spinach Pesto

I HEART PESTO <3

Pesto on pizza, pesto on sandwiches, pesto on eggs, pesto on everythinggggg!

So I saw this nut free/vegan version using avocado - genius! So I decided to add a few of my own twists adding spinach & walnut oil, nutritimentation style.

Full of healthy fats and greens, this pesto is a skin-glowing, brain boosting concoction.




Avocado Basil Spinach Pesto

1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup of basil leaves (I used the leaves from about 1/2 package)
A big handful of spinach (about 1/2 cup)
1 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup of walnut oil
1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt (or kosher/sea salt)

Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) & blend until smooth.



Try a 'caprese' style omelet stacking fresh tomato with the pesto with a spinach omelet topped with more pesto & hemp seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...