Tuesday 21 May 2013

Quinoa & Banana "Yogurt" Parfait

I got real creative with my breakfast this morning, I wasn't sure what I was craving but I wanted something new! It's real hott out so I also wanted something summer-y like mmmm...yogurt parfait. I had some quinoa that I had pre made earlier in the week in the fridge but no yogurt. Good thing I always keep bananas in the fridge which can whipped up in the Vitamix (or any blender/food processor) into a yogurt/ice cream textured mixture.

And so we have it...

This breakfast is jammed packed with protein and all the nutrition your body needs to start the day off right.



Banana Yogurt
2 Bananas
1 Tbsp of Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
1 scoop of Almond Butter
1 tsp of Lucuma Powder (optional for extra nutrition/flavoring)

Place all ingredients into a blender/food processor until you get a smooth texture. 

Mix into your quinoa whichever ingredients you would like. I added:
  • Cinnamon & Nutmeg
  • Raisins 
  • Chia Seeds
  • Flax Seeds
  • Hemp Seeds
  • Honey
Then layer the quinoa, yogurt, quinoa, yogurt and top with some nuts or fruit and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...