Tuesday 14 January 2014

Recap of Tone It Up 7 Day Slim Down

Well, here I am on day 8, feeling absolutely GREAT. I'm down only 4lbs but can't believe how much more definition is showing through. This week not only got me bathing suit ready for my vacation but gave me back the motivation kick I needed and helped curb cravings and get my eating habits back on track.



The 7 days consisted mostly of high protein, high veggie intake. There were no carbs incorporated and very low fats to control calorie intake and burn as much fat as possible.

I kept a diary of everything I put into my body, including, excuse my language a SHIT TON of water (about 70-90oz each day). This is the thing I needed most I think, I knew from the get-go I didn't hydrate enough and it is no joke when people say how much staying hydrated can clear your skin, I 100% saw a difference in that area.

Here is a sample of one of my days on the Tone It Up 7 Day Slim Down

Wake Up 
15-20oz of water
Meta-D (this is a drink created by the TIU girls but I drank my own twist on it)
- water, lemon juice, Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, cayenne, and cinnamon
Some mornings I would drink a Vegan Tumeric Elixir which we carry at North End Yoga

Workout
I would do one of the TIU HIIT Beach Babe videos, go to Barre class, or yoga

Meal 1
Egg white scramble with mushrooms, tomato, and spinach/kale

Meal 2
Grapefruit

Meal 3
Spinach salad with cucumbers, white beans, radishes, mushrooms, and tuna

Meal 4
Protein shake with  unsweetened almond milk, Raw Protein, almond butter, and ice

Workout #2
This workout for me was usually a Pilates class (sometimes I would do yoga in the afternoon after my morning workout as #2)

Meal 5
Sautéed white meat turkey with garlic, coconut oil, and spinach

Some nights after dinner I would have a caffeine free tea (permitted). The first night I had an early dinner so had a small cup of organic greek yogurt as an after dinner snack which they permit in day 1 & 2.

I was NEVER hungry on this diet, I actually usually never eat 5 times a day, so this kept me on schedule. With my busy schedule, I'm usually stressing about meal planning so this was great to have everything laid out. It did take some preparation time but it's def. something you can do most of in one day.

I 100% recommend this for an upcoming vacation, event, or even just as a reset, jumpstart in the New Year.

I must say, for my body, this isn't something I could do for more than a week, I'm way too active to not incorporate grains/carbs and healthy fats. BUT that doesn't mean you can't still lose weight by eating whole grains and healthy fats, research shows they actually contribute to weight loss (it's just more of a steady loss compared to a restricted time such as the 7 day).

This past week really got me on track and even though I'm on vacation, I'm still staying active and making healthy choices. I feel energized and ready to take on Arizona!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try this but I don't think there is any way I would have time to do two workouts a day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...