Thursday 7 November 2013

Flour-less Banana & Carrot Protein "Cake" with Goat Cheese Honey Frosting



I saw a recipe on one of my favorite websites MindBodyGreen for a Raw, Vegan Banana Bread and of course decided to try it out with my own twist so the base of the recipe are the same:

  • 1 cup raw almonds
  • 2 carrots, pureed
  • 2 apples, cored and pureed (or I used unsweetened organic applesauce)
  • 1/2 cup flax meal
  • 2 bananas, mashed well

I added some extra spices, protein, and raisins
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp all spice
  • 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
  • 1/4 cup protein powder (I used Raw Protein)
  • handful of organic raisins

I blended all of the ingredients in my beloved Vitamix (except raisins - fold those in after) to create the batter. Pour in a baking dish (grease beforehand with coconut oil or cover in parchment paper). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until toasted brown on top!

For the frosting just simply mix goat cheese with some honey and spread on top.

This is a great breakfast or even a healthy dessert when your sweet tooth comes calling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...