Friday 14 February 2014

Shrimp & Veggie Quesadillas

Craving Mexican tonight? Try these cleaned up quesadillas instead of ordering out!



Shrimp & Veggie Quesadillas

So since these are quesadillas, I didn't exactly measure my ingredients out, I just threw together some veggies, kale, 1/4 avocado, few cubes of mango and chopped small frozen shrimp and sautéed them in a frying pan with coconut oil until the shrimp was cooked. 

I seasoned the mixture with some salt & pepper then placed it into a small bowl. In the same pan I placed one of the Ezekiel tortillas and then sprinkled a small amount of cheddar & jack cheese on top of it followed by the veggie & shrimp mix and a little more cheese to hold the top tortilla on. Place the second tortilla on the top and let the bottom side brown then flip for another couple of minutes until the other side is golden brown.

I had my quesadillas with some organic salsa and a scoop of yogurt (Siggi's is my favorite brand, it's much higher in protein, doesn't contain any junk ingredients, and has live active cultures to keep your digestive system happy!). Yogurt is a great alternative for sour cream and taste just the same!


Feel free to get creative with your quesadillas and add whichever ingredients you prefer! This is an easy, quick, and MUCH healthier version to take-out Mexican plus.. it can be personalized...take control of your kitchen :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...