Saturday 8 March 2014

Protein Packed Fudgey Brownies

I received my Tone It Up Perfect Fit Protein in the mail this week and have also been wanting to try a black bean brownie recipe, so I thought why not put the two together? So.glad. I did!


The base of this recipe was black beans which add 8g of added protein and 6g fiber. You might be weirded out but trust me, you can't even tell! They are gooey, chocolatey, and to die for!

This is a perfect post workout snack or an after dinner guilt free sweet treat :)

Protein Packed Fudgey Brownies

1 15oz can of (organic) black beans - drained
1/3 cup coconut flour (or almond flour, oat flour, etc.)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of aluminum free baking powder
1 Tbsp of organic brown sugar (I used Sucanat )

1/4 cup coconut oil
1 heaping Tbsp of peanut butter
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp vanilla almond milk
About 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks/chips

*I didn't add a lot of sweetener but I think they came out just fine! If you want them a little sweeter, add more brown sugar and/or maple syrup

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients into food processor/blender (I used my Vitamix) and combine until smooth. 
Grease (or use baking cups) muffin tin then scoop brownie mixture into each cup, making sure to distribute evenly. 
Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until they start to harden on top. 

*The brownies will seem really gooey and uncooked on the inside but once they settle, will harden a bit more on the outsides and settle. They will stay a bit soft on the inside but that's the point of fudgey brownies :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...