Tuesday 11 March 2014

Broccoli Slaw, Brussel Sprout, & Pear Salad - 3 meals!

The first recipe of this Asian style stir-fry salad was inspired by a recipe I saw in my Tone it Up Nutrition Plan for a Raw Brussel Sprout Salad with Pears.

I put together a base slaw mix of:

  • 1 bag of broccoli slaw (Nature's Promise Organic)
  • Shredded brussel sprouts (I put 5-6 brussel sprouts in my VitaMix and blended them into a lettuce consistency)
  • 1 pear, chopped into cubes


Then I made THREE meals!

1. Shrimp Sprout & Slaw Stir Fry























Sautee 4-5 small shrimp (chopped  in a small frying pan with 2 Tbsp of coconut oil for 2 mins until almost cooked then add:

  • 1/3 base slaw mix
  • 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp of ground ginger
  • 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2-1 Tbsp of coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce or Tamari)
  • Salt/Pepper
Sautee for another 5 minutes until the slaw is wilted then toss in a handful of dried cranberries and top with a few crushed cashews. 

There you have it, recipe #1! I couldn't believe how good this was, the balsamic vinegar added such an amazing complementing flavor to the sesame and coconut aminos, loved every bite. 

2. Curry Chicken Salad with Broccoli Brussel Slaw
 























I used my Curry Chicken Salad  recipe and simply mixed in a scoop of the base slaw mix! 

You can throw this in a wheat wrap or over some mixed greens for a tasetful, clean lunch.

3. Tuna Salad with Broccoli Brussel Slaw























Simply combine 1/3 of the base broccoli slaw mix with:
  • 1/2 can tuna
  • 2 Tbsp of Greek yogurt
  • Squeeze of lemon juice (I took 1/2 lemon and gave it one good squeeze)
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Dash of cayenne
  • Handful of raisins 

With my busy schedule, I need to have things prepped that I can get a number of quick, easy meals out of so this was perfect! And it helps that they all tasted amazing. That's what Nutritimentation is all about, getting creative and enjoying eating healthy foods :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...