Wednesday 19 December 2012

Coconut Baked Oatmeal


All I can say is..this hit the spot! Warm, gooey, sweet, and delicious! I complimented mine with a glass of vanilla almond milk...mmmm mmm mmmm!

This recipe was inspired by CCK's coconut cookie dough oatmeal but with a few little changes, I made it my own.


Coconut Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 tsp of salt
Sweetener (I used agave)
1/4 cup banana (or unsweetened apple sauce)
1 tbsp of shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk (I used vanilla almond)
1 tbsp of melted coconut butter (I used earth balance coconut spread)
Raw cocoa nibs (or semisweet choc chips) (optional)

Note: I melted a little extra coconut butter and coated my ramekin so the oatmeal wouldn't stick.

Preheat the oven to 380 degrees. Combine the oats, salt, and coconut - mix. Add the wet ingredients and mix again. Pour into a small ramekin, baking pan, or loaf pan. Place in the oven for about 15 min until it starts to become firm. Pull out of the oven and sprinkle some more coconut on top and place back into the oven and turn to broil for 2-3 min to toast the coconut. When coconut starts to toast (turning light brown) - pull out of the oven. If you choose, sprinkle some raw cocoa nibs on top.

Last but not least...Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...