Monday 17 December 2012

Cream of Zucchini Soup


So yesterday was a very cold night and after returning from shopping I was craving some warm, delicious soup!

I found a cream of zucchini soup recipe here and decided to try it out - it was super simple, quick, and easy! Just the way I like it.

I made a smaller portion and made a slight adjustment using greek yoghurt instead of sour cream.

Cream of Zucchini Soup
1/4 of an onion (sliced)
1 clove of garlic
3/4 of a large zucchini (cubed)
14 oz can of low sodium/low fat chicken stock + 2 oz of water
1 tbsp of greek yoghurt (I used fage 0%)
salt + pepper
Combine all ingredients except yoghurt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to about medium low and cover. Let simmer for about 15 min or until zucchini is tender. 
Remove from heat and add ingredients from pot + yoghurt into a blender. Puree until smooth and you're done!
This recipe made about two small bowls so I had some left over for today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...