Tuesday 8 January 2013

Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam

This week I've been trying to get into the habit of drinking a cup of warm water with lemon because of its many health benefits so before breakfast I had my daily cup :)

I was very excited for breakfast this morning because last night I made some strawberry chia jam and it came out so good! It was only two ingredients strawberries & chia seeds...so simple.

The jam coated on top of a Rudi's spelt english muffin with a scrambled egg on the side was just the perfect kickstart to my day. 




Homemade Strawberry Chia Jam

1 cup frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp of chia seeds

Let the strawberries thaw (or microwave them). Use a fork to mash them then mix in your chia seeds. Place in the fridge for at least 30 min or overnight if you plan for breakfast the next morning! The chia seeds soak in the moisture creating a jam like texture, so good for your body and your taste buds.

*I saw the recipe on eatingbirdfood.com (one of my favs) and just had to try it. The recipe calls for water and agave but I left out both. I let my frozen strawberries thaw so they created a watery mixture and they were sweet enough. 
*If you use raw strawberries I would add a Tbsp of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...