Sunday 6 January 2013

"Raid Your Fridge" Quinoa Cakes


This is an improvise veggie style burger made with quinoa, the super grain. What's in it? Just simply raid your fridge! 

I had lots of frozen veggies stored...here's what I used:
  • spinach
  • edamame
  • corn
  • kale
  • eggplant
  • black beans
  • broccoli
Raid Your Fridge Quinoa Cakes
(makes about 4 cakes)

First, bring to a boil 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Turn down the heat, cover pot, and simmer  for about 20 min or until all the liquid is absorbed. 
In the meantime... thaw or cook (if necessary) and chop your veggies. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Combine your cooked quinoa with your veggies in a bowl with 1/2 tsp of garlic (more if desired), salt, pepper, and any other seasonings of choice (I added some onion powder because I didn't add any chopped onion). 
Add 2 beaten eggs and stir together. Form cakes and place onto a coated (olive oil) cookie sheet. 
Bake for about 15 min on each side (or until crispy brown).

I brought one of these to work for dinner and topped it with avocado and goat cheese...yum! I was going to take a picture but got so wrapped up in eating it, I forgot...whoops :) 




With your leftover quinoa cakes try these recipes!
Quinoa Cake Salad
Quinoa Egg Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...