Sunday 13 January 2013

Apple Crisp Baked Oatmeal

This came out way better than I could've imagined. I didn't want breakfast to end!

This recipe was inspired by the numerous apple crisps I sold last night at work. I had to have it... so I decided on apple crisp baked oatmeal. My version has a whole lot less sugar, fat, and guilt and it tastes just like the real thing.

I used my go to base baked oatmeal from CCK and added some of my own ingredients to make it apple crisp style.

AMAZING.


Apple Crisp Baked Oatmeal

Oatmeal:
1 small organic apple (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/16 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 Tbsp of honey (or maple syrup or agave)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)

Topping:
2 Tbsp of oats
1 Tbsp of whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp of Sucanat (or light brown sugar)
2 tsp of coconut oil (or butter)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare your apple and coat with lemon juice then set aside.
Begin your oatmeal by combining remaining ingredients. (I like to start with dry then add wet.) Mix well. Combine oatmeal with chopped apples and pour into a greased ramekin or small baking pan.
For your topping, add oats, flour, sucanat, and oil into a small bowl and mix until it forms a crumble. Sprinkle on top of your oatmeal and place in the oven for 15-20 min or until it firms and browns.
Optional to place on broil for 1-2 min to get a nice crispy topping...works well with this recipe!



Enjoy this baked oatmeal? Try these other flavors!
Coconut Baked Oatmeal
Cinnamon Bun Baked Oatmeal

                    
                     Blueberry Baked Oatmeal





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...