Saturday 26 January 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes

I can't even describe how good these were....to die for! I woke up craving pancakes and had a bunch of frozen strawberries and some cream cheese I hadn't used so... along came strawberry cheesecake pancakes. 









Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
(Yields one large pancake)

1/3 cup of spelt flour 
2 Tbsp of rolled oats
just over 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/8 tsp of salt
1 Tbsp of Xylitol (or organic sugar) 
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/3 cup + 1-2 Tbsp of almond milk (or milk of choice - I added the extra Tbsp to loosen up the dough)
1 Tbsp of unrefined coconut oil
2 Tbsp of organic cream cheese
About 10 sliced strawberries (Mine were frozen so I heated them to defrost) 

Combine dry ingredients and mix. Then add remaining wet ingredients (except strawberries*) and mix again. Pour mixture onto a greased pan/skillet on med heat and place sliced strawberries on top (as pictured above). Cook until golden brown on each side. Top with some organic maple syrup and enjoy!

Note
* I like my strawberries grilled in but feel free to add them to the batter.


Also try...
Banana Pancakes
Blueberry Pie Pancakes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...