Tuesday 1 January 2013

Personal (Healthy Style) Pizza



PIZZA!! Who doesn't love it? Working at brick oven pizza restaurant and seeing/smelling pizza makes the craving for it so strong. So, I decided to make my own pizza! I have seen a lot of recipes for a cauliflower crust and thought I'd try it out....soooo happy I did :)


Cauliflower Crust
(This yields a personal size pizza)

1/4 of a cauliflower head (riced)
1/2 clove of garlic or about 1 tsp of minced garlic
Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper
Tbsp of olive oil
1/2 egg beaten

Instructions: 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Remove the leaf and stems from cauliflower leaving you with florets. Rice* the florets in a Vitamix (or any blender/food processor you have). Sautee the riced cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings for about 6-8 mins. Add the cooked cauliflower mixture to the beaten egg and mix.

Now you have your pizza dough! Add the dough to a pizza stone or cookie sheet (lined with parchment) and spread evenly into a circle. Place in the oven for 25-30 mins or until edges are brown and it's cooked evenly.


Time to top your pizza!
Add your sauce and place back in the oven for 2-3 min. Then add your toppings and broil for 2-3 min. I topped my pizza with my favorite marinara Rao's Homemade, some sauteed eggplant, and goat cheese. Make it your own! Just make sure to cook your toppings before hand.


*To rice your cauliflower place in the blender (or processor) until it reaches a rice like texture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...