Tuesday 1 January 2013

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal


Baked oatmeal is a spectacular thing that I am so happy I discovered. I use CCK's base recipe and add other ingredients to make it (in this case) blueberry

This was my nourishing breakfast yesterday morning to kick start the new year. I paired it with an almond milk, banana, and vanilla protein shake... yum.

Blueberry Baked Oatmeal 

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbsp of honey (or maple syrup or agave)
1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or mashed banana)
1/4 cup of vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
Dash of salt
1 Tbsp of coconut oil or nut butter melted (optional)
Blueberries (I used frozen organic)
Chia seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to  375 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into a greased ramekin or small pan. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins or until firm. Broil for 2-3 min for a nice crust on top.



Now become obsessed with baked oatmeal like me...so addicting! 


Cinnamon Bun Baked Oatmeal
Coconut Baked Oatmeal







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...