Wednesday 9 January 2013

Quinoa & Egg Patty

So, remember those quinoa cakes I made? Well tonight I yet again used my leftovers for a fast, simple, nutritious breakfast for dinner.


Quinoa & Egg Patty
(Yields 1 patty)

Ingredients
1 egg 
About 1 Tbsp of goat cheese
A small pinch  of cayenne pepper (optional for a little kick)
Salt & Pepper

Instructions:
In a small bowl beat the egg. Then add remaining ingredients and mix well. Coat a frying pan in oil of choice (I used coconut) and pour mixture in (it pretty much forms into a patty). Cook on both sides until golden brown (about 2-3 min). 

Side with a veggie or some greens...I had mine with a side of organic spring mix drizzled with olive oil.


After my light healthy meal I had a little treat! :) A mini blueberry pie sprinkled with cinnamon...it was finger-licking good :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...